Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22/11

Huntsville, AL (Mobile Bay, AL)
I miss warm summer nights on the Gulf.
Me and my boy, the sand between our toes.
Winter, it's time we bid adieu.
*************************************************************************************
Fort Defiance, VA

Last night I sat miserable and bored
well into the evening,
nothing to do but

look up Avett Brothers videos on YouTube,
giving up time with my own family for
parents that never showed.

Suddenly, I looked to the doorway
greeted by a baby with
wild hair and hand-me-down pajamas.
She crawled underneath a bridge of desks,
keys jangling in hand
and came up
black from pencil shavings and dirt of days gone by,
smiling.


Exactly what I needed.


*************************************************************************************



La La Land

Before I got out of bed today, I
Repeated a pep talk to myself:
Even though there
Aren't enough (second) hands,
There is a reason to smile and thank
Heaven for the days, however numbered and un-
Even.

(And you just have to smile.)


4 comments:

PJH said...

Aww, I love this. Lindsay, I LOVE your picture. SO much emotion and beauty. I love the look on your face and your long hair. A true mother! Brooke, I love the vibrant picture and the words...just lovely. You are a writer, my dear. And you brought back the acrostic poem from AP English...brilliant! This is so fun.

Brooke said...

Love and miss you girls....this is bringing back lots of memories of English class. How far we have all come since scribbling those notes under Ms. B's nose. Ha!

L MCCLELLAND said...

I wasn't in your English class, although, I had the same teacher.

I am thinking about growing my hair out again! I miss it long and wild.

Valerie said...

Love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I especially love the title because it makes me feel like I am singing half of my name. XOXOXO can't wait to keep up to date on this adventure!