Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2/23/11

Huntsville, AL
Good morning, back yard.
I love your cool brisk air greeting me through my screened-in door.
I love how the sun is shining through the trees, letting me know the day has begun.
No one in sight, just me and you, and the morning dew.
I sit and stare and finally feel at home.

*************************************************************************************

Fort Defiance, VA

I have this cool spinny thing on my desk with four different framed cards.
This is the particular frame that normally stares at me as I'm standing in front of the class.
I love the bright colors and retro 1960's font.
And the message's not so bad either.
It's important to remember the bright spots every day.
Today my bright spot was finally getting some antibiotics
on day 12 of a horrible sinus infection
from a doctor who is known for holdin' out on the drugs.
Bless you no-drug-givin' Dr. for helping me out.
It's time to start feeling better
and slowly climb out of this funk
and into the sun...
whether it's shining
or hiding.


*************************************************************************************


La La Land

I wish I could have taken a picture
of the song I was listening to, passing downtown, headed
to job #2 of the day. 45 minutes and 22 miles separates
two of the worlds I live in. This outline of gangstahs and an out-of-place
scape pierces the gut of that weekly trip. My third was threaded
by the sound of cigarettes dripping off Common
and his promises to Mary J...
"The pimp in me will die with you."

Is it strange that this statement causes the gap
in my heart to remind me it's still there? I want
to hear the commitment of future tribes
and of my beautiful being.

Thank you, Common, for being such a pimp.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

If anyone wants to check out the video of this (one of my fave) songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbRrNHJ4Lg

Warning: You might fall in love. ;)

Cill, hope you feel better! I went on antiobiotics yesterday too! Apparently I have been walking around with bronchitis for 4 weeks! Maybe this is why we all started off so bleakly?

Linz, is that your back yard? It's beautiful!!