Thursday, February 24, 2011

2/24/11

Huntsville, AL
Clutter, it's everywhere. It's on my desk at work.
It piles up and swallows me hole.
Clutter is in my house because I just moved.
And let's face it, it would be there regardless.
It was in my car until my dad cleaned it.
Boy, was that nice. One part of my life now that isn't messy.

This picture is embarrassing.
It looks even worse since I'm getting new office furniture.
Today, it will be cleaned.
I will de-clutter my life.
One mess at a time.

***********************************************************************************

Fort Defiance, VA

I hear the drizzle of the rain
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls

And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To England where my heart lies

My mind's distracted and defused
My thoughts are many miles away
They lie with you when you're asleep
And kiss you when you start your day

And this song I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme.

And so you see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.

And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I.

I love that song.

Thank you Simon & Garfunkel,
for framing this rainy day perfectly.

***********************************************************************************

Los Angeles, CA

This has been my week.

Between Stell and I, we're falling apart, one puff
of an inhaler at a time. The pharmacist gave me a tutorial:
It's not rocket science, Miss. Well,
excuse me, sir, I've never had to breathe-deep-exhale-
puff-puff-suck-in before. That's a lot of steps
and it's been pretty tough to do the blink-blink-one-leg-over-the-edge-
at-a-time thing this week. What with those four
legs and two eyes that keep staring up at me, dependent
and miserable.

I am tired.

And yet, I am hopeful that the tiny little promises picked up
from the vet today will be our saving grace.

2 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

Brooklyn, I am crossing my fingers for you and Stella!! Hope your vet gives you good news!

PJH said...

I hope you are feeling better, Brooke! And, Linds, it will feel so good to get rid of the clutter, one space at a time. I got a hold of my closet tonight. Feels much better!