Monday, April 18, 2011

4/18/11




Los Angeles, CA

Looks like sometimes
Even water, love, and light,
Though they try, cannot be the

Glue that holds someone
On to life.




***********************************************************************************
Huntsville, AL

While I was in my company's break room getting a glass of water
I noticed something at the corner of my eye.
A hand print on a yellow note pad.
It was sitting next to a phone and some fliers.
How odd, I thought, until I remembered.
It was my child's hand print!
He had traced his small, delicate hand over a year ago.
It was Christmas Eve morning and I had to work.
I took Lucas with me and gave him chick-fil-a breakfast to keep him happy.
And he drew his hand on the yellow paper.
To my surprise, no one touched it.
I decided to leave it there, 
a small, happy reminder of my sweet boy in the most
random of places.

***********************************************************************************
 Mount Sidney, VA

How can something so pretty
possibly be considered a weed?
There has to be some really 
deep metaphor for this
and how my dandelion
is the prettiest flower 
of them all. 



2 comments:

Brooke said...

Monday must have been a yellow day! What would Cold Play say?

L MCCLELLAND said...

Brooke, you are funny!!