Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4/26/11

Huntsville, AL

I looked out the window and saw him sitting there.
At first glance, I thought he must be playing with his ninja toys.
He wasn't, he was pouting.
I went outside to ask him if he was OK.
I started to worry a little.
Why, would my boy be so upset?
We were about to go to an Easter Egg Hunt.
After a few minutes he said it,
He had been asking all week to wear his
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume
and it had not happened.

Our days have been busy, rushed, and exhausting.
Two different nights he asked, and I had to re-tract my first yes, to No.
It was too late, he needed a bath, it's time for bed, I had said.
I promised he could wear it when we got home. 
I knew, no matter what, even if he had to sleep in it,
he was going to wear that costume. 
Funny, how children never forget
a promise!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh Lindsay, this is too cute of a story!