Monday, April 4, 2011

4/4/11


Los Angeles, CA

Except for a cold gun that pierced me twice
in this spot, it is not a place
I would ever imagine
as welcoming warmth.

And then it was kissed
in the slightest of gestures
and my heart melted
just a little bit.






***************************************************************************************
Mount Sidney, VA

I love the tangled beauty
the mess of
weeds and flowers
discovered in the most
unlikely place.

*****************************************************************************************
 Huntsville, AL

We have crazy weather in Alabama.
I realized this the first time I heard a siren.
I was awoken at 1 am by this very loud noise and
it scared me to death! 

We've had tornado warnings a couple of times this year.
Schools closed early today.
I made it home before the hail started to pelt down.
I'm not so scared,
until I look at the picture above,
taken by a Baptist church 10 minutes away from my apartment.
Tornadoes, they don't mess around. 


2 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

i finally posted! i did not take this picture, however, it was taken by a lady who lives here in HSV.

PJH said...

This is very sweet, Brooke!