Monday, March 14, 2011

3/14/11

Huntsville, AL

This picture was taken in my home town. 
I used to drive down these roads with the windows down,
the breeze twisting my hair
Van Morrison's Moondance on the radio.
Breathing in the smell of
  dog wood and cow manure.
The warm sun in your face as you drift off into a daydream
Thinking this road will never end
Feeling so lucky to be in this little place 
of comfort 
It will always be with me.

************************************************************************************
Mount Sidney, VA
Annalee's first word was "dog"
with a long, drawn out, country O.
She loves Henry
more than us
I think.
But I've been slacking.
I've missed you, buddy.
Since the baby
you've taken a back seat
and I'm sorry
for pushing your slobbery kisses
away.
You deserve love, 
and attention, too,
You big, black, bear of a
DOOOOG.

*****************************************************************************************



3 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

Henry is a beautiful dog!

PJH said...

Ohhh, how I miss those roads, those songs, and those moments of pure freedom. Love you!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Great blog!! I'm new to this whole world of blogging and have been inspired by others like you! Feel free to stop by and share any of your blogging wisdom!