Monday, March 21, 2011

3/21/11

Huntsville, AL

Did you know that there is no record in history of a person dying from a tarantula bite?
True story: Chattanooga Aquarium
So I did not zoom in when I took this picture.
This arachnophobic got up close.

*************************************************************************************

Los Angeles, CA
via County Cork, Ireland

It was hard to leave
this place, where the fields were as open
as the skies and the pints and the instant pub-made friends.
Where a chorus of music made everyone family, but not
in a "Cheers" kind of way...no,
here, we learned to say, "Slainte!"
from the gut straight through to the back of the throat,
with the grit of the road and the dregs of the glass
coloring every last drop of this song we learned to chant
like a native.

*****************************************************************************************
Mount Sidney, VA

I am too cool for school
in my new trike
with the oversized
sun shade
and straps falling down
like the too big
backback I will wear
on my first day of kindergarten.
My big girl college sweatshirt 
reminding mommy
of how the time
will fly faster
than the wind in my hair.

No comments: