Thursday, March 3, 2011

3/2/11

Fort Defiance, VA

My brain has this phrase on repeat:
"Leap and the net will appear."
I thought it accompanied my "fly" wall canvas
quite nicely
especially
on a day that I took a giant leap.

(more to come later)

For now, my I-pod will be playing
until further notice
and I will be singing these lines
over and
over and
over
until they start to sink in
and my face lights up
with the biggest smile
imaginable
as I slowly realize
that my dream has been
FREED.

"There was a dream
and one day I could see it
Like a bird in a cage I broke in and demanded that somebody free it
And there was a kid with a head full of doubt
So I’ll scream til I die and the last of those bad thoughts are finally out."

***************************************************************************************

Los Angeles, CA

I love LA after it rains. Apparently this city
is surrounded by mountains -
and the white caps debut only after the clouds lift.
The bush outside my building sparkled this morning
with drops of water that rarely make
an appearance around here.

You never realize how dense the smog
until it lifts.

3 comments:

L MCCLELLAND said...

Both of these post were well written! I'm sorry I missed out yesterday...I'm always playing catch up it seems like..

PJH said...

Actually, Linds, you are normally the first person to post!!

L MCCLELLAND said...

I meant in life...sorry. I let this one get behind.